Friday, December 9, 2011

Rangemate Cooker

Hello My Dear Readers.

I recently have the chance to try out the Rangemate Cooker generously provided by Gmarket Singapore as part of a reviewing contest. It came delivered directly to my home. The product is marketed under the Suntoza brand and it was originally meant for the US market because the product comes with cooking instructions in American English.




And here's my findings:

I have "fried" some photo wedges straight from the fridge using margarine instead of cooking oil. And it comes out golden brown. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Excellent!

This is how I did it:

There's no need to defrost the wedges. I just put one tablespoon of margarine on the hot plate. Then the wedges is laid on top.

Close the lid and microwave it high for 3 minutes per side. Please remember to open the lid and flip the wedges, so both sides is evenly cooked. Total cooking time taken is 6 minutes.

It's really easy and fast. Good for those people who are too busy to cook for themselves.

For my mains, I am cooking beef steak. Yum Yum.




The beef steak (Sirloin) is first marinated with salt and black pepper.

And then mixed vegetables consisting of carrots, peas and broccoli is arranged alone the inner side of the hot plate alone the circumference.

We then add 2 tablespoon of garlic oil on the vegetables. And the marinated beef steak is laid on top of the vegetables. I then close the lid and microwave it on high for 3 minutes. After that, I flip the steak to the other side and then microwave medium for 2 minutes.

After that it's done! The outside is cooked well, and inside it's medium rare. I can't believe how good it tasted and the recipe is so simple and easy to make. I amaze myself.

There you have it a complete dinner right there!

Call me a converted Rangemate cooker user. I will try cooking some fish and dumplings soon. Stay tuned! :)

Thank you for reading my review of the Rangemate cooker. :)

Thanks also go to Gmarket and Rangemate for making such an excellent product!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got mine and the cookbook that came with it is Korean is there a English version?

Mary Director said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria Kelley said...

Mine was delivered yesterday. Haven't had a chance to use it but looking forward to making the eggs and bacon and poached eggs. The recipe for steaming Redskin potatoes is not much different than using a regular steamer but we'll see what happens.
Does meat brown in this appliance?

Gloria Kelley said...

Here is an update: I have used my Rangemate four times and each and every time everything came out just perfect. With a couple of tweaks, this little gadget could become one of my favorite cooking utensils.
The first thing I made were the bacon and eggs which came out perfectly done with one exception. I like my bacon crisp so when the directions called for 3 to 4 minutes I did 3 minutes but next time will do 4. The egg whites were beautifully cooked through and the yolks were runny-couldn't ask for better eggs.

I steamed Redskin potatoes cut in half, for 10 minutes then added broccoli and cauliflower pieces for another 10. Again I like my vegetables a little on the crisp tender side so should have done the broccoli and cauliflower about seven minutes to perfection. The potatoes were definitely perfect.

Poached eggs were excellent and slid right out of the little muffin cups beautifully done.

But this morning I decided to create my own omelette. Two scrambled eggs with chopped fresh dill and chopped fresh parsley added. Put butter and a little chilli oil in the bottom of the range mate then add chopped fresh spinach, chopped scallions and finely
chopped tomato. Microwave for three minutes then pour in the egg mixture over all and microwave for two minutes. Check for any uncooked egg lifting and letting it run underneath, replace the lid and cook another minute or so. Add salt pepper and grated cheese of your choice, I used cheddar cheese on one half of the omelette then flip it over and remove. Sprinkle a little hot sauce over it if you choose and eat one of the best omelettes you have ever made.

I think I'm going to like this little pan and tomorrow going to try boneless pork chops to see how it browns meat.

Debbie said...

Did you warm the rangemate empty first?

Debbie said...

I want to make crispy French fries. Thanks

Gloria Kelley said...

No, it's a microwavable appliance so no preheating is necessary.

Debbie said...

Thanks Gloria